Level Two: What Might Blockchain Mean For Syndicated Loans?
The LSTA was pleased to present:
LEVEL TWO: WHAT MIGHT BLOCKCHAIN MEAN FOR SYNDICATED LOANS?
Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies (DLT) have demonstrated the potential to revolutionize financial markets, and in fact, the syndicated loan market has been identified as particularly ripe for blockchain innovation. But, what might DLT look like in the loan market? Picking up from their introductory presentation, these experts described a number of possible scenarios in which DLT could transform current loan market processes, including in the primary market, the secondary market and KYC process.
The session addressed, amongt other things:
- The syndicated lending lifecycle – pain points and legacy challenges
- Potential blockchain applications in sydicated lending
- A look at state legislative efforts regarding DLT
- Legal issues potentially impacting DLT
- Benefits and barriers to implementation in the syndicated loan market
Dzmitry Maroz, Specialist Leader, Deloitte & Touche LLP
Stephen J. Obie, Partner, Jones Day