The primary objectives of the Accounting Committee are:
- Discuss and examine existing market practices related to loan syndications and trading activities,
- Actively engage in standard-setting due process by monitoring developments arising from standard-setting activities by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and
- Expand communication and education by:
- developing publications that summarize standard-setting activities and regulatory actions and their implications on the industry and
- developing seminars to provide continuing professional education (CPE) to all LSTA members and other interested parties.